Sunday, November 21, 2010

HOLIDAY 9X9 FOLDING ALBUM! PAGE 8

This is page 8 of the album:
This page took forever to come up with! I was trying to stick with only using one package of DSP & I only had two full sheets left. They both had patterns that I needed to use on the other pages. This is where I said... I have a bunch of 3 x 9 scraps that I can use, so I didn't stick with the scrap mat that I was given by my new Demo friend Tami Black. I knew that I wanted to use the Artichoke seam binding ribbon & some more of the Designer Big Buttons. I used the gathering trick with the seam binding. You take a few strands from the middle of the seam binding and start pulling them while holding the rest in your other hand. It will start to gather. I just moved the gathering down as it got more bunched up. If you move it down too far it will un-gather so you have to be careful. 
I sponged the edges of the Cherry Cobbler card stock, & tab, & the Vanilla mat. I adhered the Cherry tab to the Vanilla mat. Next adhere the Poinsettia piece of DSP to the right side of the 9x9 Vanilla card stock. Next, take your 2-way glue pen and trace the W in WISH, then add the Champagne glitter glass. Do the same to each letter. Add adhesive to the Wish DSP on the left side, left half top, bottom, right side. Leave a slot for the Vanilla mat to go into. Adhere the Cherry Cobbler mat as shown. Put the Seam binding on with Sticky Strip or another strong adhesive. Put hemp through the button as shown and adhere with glue dots or a dimensional. This page can be sprayed or not with Shimmer mist.
I hope that you enjoyed these pages. If so, please post a comment. Once I have the pages put into the folding album I will make another post. 

A big thanks goes out to Tami Black for the album idea and help in getting the folding ablums!
Another big thanks goes to Mitz for helping me cut all the card stock!
I couldn't have done this class without your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment