Wednesday, February 17, 2010

GO GREEN! HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S CARD

It sure took me a while to get this card figured out. I knew I wanted to do The Polished Stone Technique and I wanted to do a St. Patrick's Day card for my Stamp Group. I tried something new with my rubbing alcohol. Instead of putting the re-inkers on the glossy card stock and daubing with a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol. I took my spray bottle that had the alcohol & Champange Mist Shimmer Paint mixed together and spritz that onto the glossy card stock that already had the Green Galore, Glorious Green, & Gable Green, & Gold re-inkers on it. I got it wet enough so that I was able to move the colors around the card stock. I had rubber gloves on and used my fingers to move the gold around. I spritz it some more and moved the colors around just by holding up the card stock and moving it to where I wanted the color. When I was happy with the design I stopped. I dried it with the heat gun and then sprayed it with Krylon clear coat and let it dry for an hour.  Then I used the Full Heart Punch and punched out four hearts to make a clover. I stamped the "Go Green" stamp in Glorious Green and then punched it out with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch. I did marker around the edges of the circle & put a Gold Brad in the middle of the clover. Then I sponged green around the edges of the card and sponged (or you can stipple) the front. Add the rest of the paper. I used Green Galore cardstock & the Welcome Neighbor 6x6 paper pack. I also used the new border punch you can get for free from the Sale-a-bration catalog for placing a $50 order. Or you can have a workshop/catalog party with $300 in sales and earn it for free.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment