Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December's Stamp Group Projects

   This month for my Stamp Group projects the technique was Faux Stained Glass.  It uses Vellum, Versa Mark, Fine Black Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Blender Pen, White Gel Pen, & SU Markers.  I had lots of the Deck the Halls DSP left so I used the scraps for the background of the card. I used the Artichoke seam binding & gathered it to add a little more dimension to the card. The base of the card is Cherry Cobbler. The Happy Holidays stamp came from a retired set called Warmest regards. I punched it out with the Modern Label punch & sponged it with Early Espresso. I colored the front of the vellum parts of Santa that should be white with the White Gel Pen and that gave it a lot of pop. It looks way better in person.



The members of my Stamp Group got a Fun item for their Christmas gift. It's a Bone White 6x6 China Heart box that they can decorate. A rub-on, or one of SU's small stencils would work great. I used the 4 pk of heart stencils from SU, and used the Craft Real Red Ink. I put Clear Embossing powder over the top and heat set it. It worked pretty good. I had to be really careful because in a few small spots it got a little over heated and turned the Embossing powder white. I would show you a picture, but due to copywright laws I guess the picture was blocked by the company that makes the Heart Box. So sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment