Thursday, September 16, 2010

September Technique Stamp Group Projects

This month for Technique Stamp Group we did some fun projects. The Island Floral flower was a tutorial that was done by Cristena Bagne. I just loved this flower and wanted to do a card with it. I designed the card & the colors for the flower. I used So Saffron, & Old Olive for the flower. Chocolate Chip w/the Circle #2 die, (lrg. circle) for the Big Shot. I used some retired Old Olive ribbon. I Scallop Edge Border punched the Chocolate Chip c/s, then took a paper piercer & poked a hole in each scallop, and put them under the Play Date DSP. Some sponging was done to the bottom edges of the card, & the scallop circle with Early Espresso ink. The leaves were sponged with Old Olive & the flower with So Saffron ink. This will be sure to get some oohs and aahs from your customers! I can see these on the tables at a wedding reception, party, or on top of a nice gift box.

What are some of your ideas of what you'd do with this flower idea??
I bought the stamp set Wicked Cool since I've seen so many neat things made with it. I saw a card that I thought was really cute and thought I'd CASE some of it. I don't remember now where I saw it, so if you know, please leave a comment. Or you can leave a comment if you like what you've seen so far.
The colors I used were, Rich Razzleberry for the card base, Old Olive in the Spider Web embossing folder, Wicked Cool DSP, Black c/s, White c/s, & the Bat Punch w/White gel pen for his eyes. I sponged the White c/s & the Old Olive c/s around the edges with Rich Razzleberry ink. I also used the Rich Razzleberry marker on the witches hat. I used dimensionals to pop up the hat, bat, & the stamped image. Do you see the sparkle on the Old Olive c/s? Take a really close look. It was sprayed with the Vanilla Smooth spray. It was the perfect finishing touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment